看电影学英语--爱情故事
更新时间:2023-07-22 23:42:01 阅读量: 实用文档 文档下载
- 看电影学英语app推荐度:
- 相关推荐
中英对白
爱情故事
What can you say about a 25 year old girl who died?
你能怎么描述一个25岁就去世了的女孩呢?
That she was beautiful and brilliant?
她曾经漂亮而且富有才气?
That she loved Mozart and Bach?
她喜爱莫扎特和巴赫?
The Beatles?
披头士?
And me?
还有我?
Do you have this book? you have your own library.
你们有这本书吗? -你以为是你自己的图书馆?
Answer my question. Answer mine first.
回答我的问题。 先回答我的。
We're allowed to use the Radcliffe library.
我们是可以用这个瑞德克里夫图书馆的。
I'm not talking legality, I'm talking ethics.
我现在不说合法, 我要说的是合理。
Harvard's got five million books, Radcliffe a few thousand.
哈佛有5百万册书, 瑞德克里夫只有几千册。
I only want one. I've got an hour exam tomorrow, damn it!
我只要一本。我明天要考试,该死的!
Please watch your profanity, preppy.
请注意你的脏话,预科生。
Why do you think I went to prep school?
你怎么会认为我是预科学校的?
You look stupid and rich. Actually, I'm smart and poor.
你看起来愚蠢而又有钱。 确实,我是又聪明又穷。
No, I'm smart and poor.
不,我才又聪明又穷。
Why are you so smart? I won't have coffee with you.
为什么你就聪明? 因为我不会和你一起喝咖啡。
I wouldn't ask you. That's what makes you stupid.
我也不会请你。 这就是你为什么愚蠢的地方了。
Comp. Lit. 1 05. Not bad.
不错。
Music 1 50. Not bad. Music 201, that's a graduate course.
音乐150。不错。 音乐201,那是研究生课程。
Renaissance polyphony. What's polyphony?
文艺复兴时期的多调音乐。 多调音乐是什么?
Nothing sexual, preppy.
跟性无关,预科生。
中英对白
I told you, my name is Oliver.
我已经跟你说了,我叫奥利佛。
First or last? first.
姓还是名? 名。
Oliver what? Barrett.
奥利佛什么? 巴拉特。
Barrett like the poet? Yeah, no relation.
是和那个诗人巴拉特一样? 啊,但是不相关。
Barrett like the hall? Yes.
和那个巴拉特礼堂? 是的。
I'm having coffee with a Harvard building.
我在和哈佛的房子喝咖啡。
I'm not Barrett Hall. My great grandfather just gave it to Harvard.
我不叫巴拉特礼堂。那只是我曾祖父送给哈佛的。
So his notsogreat grandson could get in?
所以他的不肖的曾孙子就可以进去?
If you think I'm a loser, why did you bulldoze me into buying you coffee?
如果你认为我是个失败者 那你为什么还非要我给你买咖啡?
I like your body.
我喜欢你的人。
I major in Social Studies. It doesn't show.
我主修社会学。 看不出来。
It's an honours programme. I know you've got a few brains.
这是个令人尊敬的科目。 我知道你不算太笨。
Really? You're hung up on me, aren't you?
真的? 你会打电话给我,是吗?
Jenny? Yeah?
珍妮? 怎么?
Listen, you Radcliffe bitch. There's a hockey game on Friday.
听着,你这个瑞德克里夫的坏女孩, 星期五有一场冰球赛。
So? I want you to come.
那有怎样? 我想你来看看。
Why would I go to a lousy hockey game?
我为什么要去看令人恶心的冰球赛?
Because I'm playing. For which side?
因为我要上场。 哪一边?
Two minutes for number seven. Holding.
七号,两分钟。 阻挡犯规。
Penalty, Barrett, Harvard, Two minutes, Holding,
犯规,巴拉特,哈佛, 两分钟,阻挡。
Why are you here when your friends are playing?
为什么你队友在比赛,你却坐在这儿?
I'm in the penalty box.
我在被罚停。
中英对白
What did you do? I tried too hard.
你作了什么? 我太使力了。
Is that a big disgrace? I'm trying to concentrate.
是不是很丢脸? 我要集中精力了。
On what? On how I'll total that bastard.
想干什么? 想怎么收拾那个杂种。
Come on, Harvard, let's go!
上呀,哈佛,快!
Are you a dirty player? Would you ever total me?
你是个糟糕的球员吗? 你是不是想要收拾我呀?
I will right now if you don't shut up. I'm leaving. Goodbye.
如果你不住嘴我马上就会。 我要走了。再见。
Barrett back in the game, Harvard have full strength,
巴拉特回到了场上, 哈佛充满了能量,
And a goal, Ackerman, Assist, Barrett,
进球,阿克曼, 助攻,巴拉特,
Now I've seen a hockey game. What did you like best?
现在我已经看过比赛了。 你看我什么最棒?
When you were On your ass. Thanks for coming.
当你助攻的时候。 谢谢你能来。
I didn't say you could kiss me.
我没说过你能吻我。
I was carried away. I wasn't.
我已经忘乎所以了。 我可没有。
I may not call you for a few months,
我可能几个月都不会打电话给你,
or I might call you when I get back to my room.
或许我回屋就找你。
Bastard. you can dish It out, but not take it.
烂人。 你可以滔滔不绝,但是不能不接。
Hello, animals. Hey, Ollie.
哈罗,禽兽们。 嗨,奥列。
What did you get? An assist.
怎么样? 一次助攻。
Off Cavilleri? None of your business.
对卡芙里瑞? 不管你们的事。
I'm your roommate! Has Barrett got a new goodie?
我可是你的室友! 巴拉特又有新猎物了?
Jenny Cavilleri. It's a music type from Rhode lsland.
珍妮 卡芙里瑞。 从罗德岛来的音乐家。
I know her. Real tightass. Plays piano for the Bach Society.
我认识她。真的很难搞定。 在巴赫社团弹钢琴的。
What does she play with Barrett? Probably hard to get.
那她和巴拉特搞什么? 或许很难搞。
中英对白
Simpson. Up yours.
辛普森,闭上你的嘴。
That proves it.
这就是了。
Hello, Jen?
是你吗,珍?
What would you say if I told you... I think I'm in love with you?
如果我告诉你你会怎么说... 我想我爱上你了。
Never say love if you don't mean it. You're a known quantity.
你不了解爱就不要说爱。 你的份量都知道。
Meaning?
什么意思?
You're known for quantity. At Radcliffe, every hall is Barrett Hall.
你太出名了。 在瑞德克里夫,每一个礼堂都叫巴拉特礼堂。
You've been checking up on me. I won't dine outdoors with anybody.
你已经调查过我了。 我从不和陌生人外出吃饭。
Am I just anybody? What Do you think, preppy?
我也是个陌生人? 你说呢,预科生?
You'll have to fend for yourself this weekend.
这个周末你得自己照顾自己了。
I'll be mixing it up with Francis LaPierre.
我会和弗朗西斯 拉皮埃尔一起过的。
Very funny. are you jealous?
开玩笑。 吃醋了?
He's the captain of the Cornell hockey team.
他是康奈尔冰球队的队长。
You've been reading the sports page.
你也在看体育版。
I wouldn't mind watching you play against Cornell.
我并不介意看你对付康奈尔。
No. I'll be involved.
不。我会参加的。
Oh, yeah. The Alllvy title.
哦,是的。总冠军。
More than the Alllvy title? a lot more.
比总冠军还多? 多得多。
Cornell goal, Score tied, 33,
康奈尔进球, 打平,3-3,
Come on, man! Quit!
让开!出局!
I'll kick your ass back to Montreal!
我一脚踢你屁眼到蒙特利尔去!
Get up!
起来!
中英对白
You're out of the game, Barrett. Come on!
你出局了,巴拉特。 来吧!
Je vais te casser la gueule! I'll break yours before mine!
-我要揍扁你!
Come on, Barrett, get off the ice!
别这样,巴拉特,冷静!
You Montreal faggots!
你这个蒙特利尔的杂种!
What?! Francis LaPierre started the fight!
什么?!是弗朗西斯 拉皮埃尔先打的!
Get in! Come on!
进去!
Five minutes for number seven. Fight.
七号五分钟。打斗。
Penalty, Barrett, Harvard, Five minutes for fighting,
犯规,巴拉特,哈佛,打斗, 五分钟,
You probably want a steak, son.
你可能需要份牛排,孩子。
No, thanks. The doctor took care of it.
不,谢了。队医会看的。
I meant for your stomach, Oliver.
我的意思是对你的胃,奥利佛。
I'm supposed to eat with the team. Oh, that's fine.
我想和队友一起吃。 噢,好的。
does your face hurt? no, sir.
脸没事吧? 没事,先生。
Jack Wells should take a look at it. That's not necessary.
应该让杰克 威尔斯看看。 没必要。
Jack's a specialist. It's nothing special.
杰克是专家。 没什么要紧的。
My car's there. Can I give you a lift? I'll walk you to your car.
我的车在那边。要我载你一程吗? 我陪你走到车那儿吧。
Have you heard from the Law School?
你收到法学院的信了吗?
I haven't exactly decided on the Law School.
我还没确定要去法学院。
I was merely asking if the Law School had decided on you.
我只是想问问法学院要你了吗?
No. There really isn't any doubt.
没有。 真的没什么值得怀疑的。
About what? the school needs good men like you.
关于什么? 学校需要你这样优秀的人。
They haven't got a hockey team. You have other qualities, Oliver.
他们没有冰球队。 你还有其他能力,奥利佛。
中英对白
I'm sorry you had to see Harvard lose.
我很抱歉让你看到哈佛输了。
I came to see you play.
我是来看你打球的。
The Dean of the school is an old classmate...
法学院的院长是个老同学...
That's very nice, sir.
很高兴见到你,先生。
Goodbye. Goodbye, sir.
再见。 再见,先生。
Give my best to Mother. Yes, I will.
代我向妈妈问好。 好的,我会的。
Briggs Hall. Sandy Davidson.
布瑞根斯 霍尔。姗蒂 戴维逊。
Jennifer Cavilleri.
珍妮弗 卡芙里瑞
You have a call. She's in the downstairs phone booth.
你有个电话。 她在楼下的电话亭里。
Where Is that? Around the corner.
在哪儿? 转角。
Would you please... For God's sake, Phil!
好了好了... 看在上帝的份上,菲尔!
Yes. Yeah, yeah, for the millionandoneth time, yeah!
是的。好的,好的, 第一千零一次,好的!
Absolutely! Oh, I love you, too, Phil.
百分百的!噢,我也爱你,菲尔。
Yeah, I love you, too.
好啦,我也爱你。
Goodbye.
再见。
What happened? You look terrible. I'm injured.
怎么啦?你看起来真糟糕。 我受伤了。
Did you make the other guy look worse?
那你是不是把别的家伙搞得更糟糕?
I always make the other guy look worse.
我总是把别的家伙搞的更糟糕。
Jenny? Yeah?
珍妮? 怎么?
Who's Phil? My father.
谁是菲尔? 我爸。
You call your father Phil?
你叫你爸菲尔?
It's his name, what do you call yours? Sonofabitch.
那是他的名字,你怎么叫你爸? 狗娘养的。
中英对白
to his face? I never see his face.
当面? 我从不看他的脸。
Why? does he wear a mask? in a way.
为什么?他戴着面具? 从某种意义上来说是的。
He must be proud. You're a Harvard jock.
他肯定很骄傲。 你是哈佛的卫兵。
so was he. Bigger than Alllvy?
他曾经是。 Bigger than All-lvy?
He rowed single sculls in the 1 928 Olympics.
他在1928年奥运会上划单人桨。
did he win? No.
赢了吗? 没有。
Then Why Is he a sonofabitch? he leans On me.
所以他就是个狗娘养的? 因为他要依赖我。
he makes me Do the right things. So?
因为他让我做他认为对的事。 那又怎样?
I don't like to have to put out X amount of achievement every term.
我不喜欢每学期不得不达到多少多少成绩。
You hate making the Dean's list and being Alllvy!
你会恨上院长的清单和成为总冠军!? You hate making the Dean's list and being All-lvy! He expects no less, and when I come through, he is so indifferent.
他的期望没个完,就算我有一点成绩, 他也是不会看在眼里。
Ridiculous! And what did he say after the game?
荒谬! 比赛后他说什么了?
He went all that way to watch you play?
他总是那样来看你打球?
After we blew the title and after I was nearly massacred,
在我们的冠军泡汤后,在我几乎被宰掉后,
do you know what he said to his son?
你知道他怎么对他儿子说的吗?
Whores in lthaca? l know the Dean of the Law School.
我认识法学院的院长。
What did you expect him to say? How is your sex life?
那你期望他说什么? ”你的性生活怎么样?
Whose side are you on? I didn't know it was a war.
你站在哪一边? 我可不知道这是场战争。
You don't understand. More than you wish I did.
你不明白。 总比你希望的多。
Did the sonofabitch at least get lousy grades?
这狗娘养的至少该有个糟糕的学业吧?
He was a Rhodes scholar. There's a problem of overachievement.
他是罗德斯学者。 那就是成绩好的过了头的问题了。
Forget about it. There's no problem. Right.
算了吧。没有问题。 好吧。
中英对白
Do I call my father on the phone? Do I say, l love you, Phil?
是不是要我在电话上叫我爸? 要我说,”我爱你,菲尔?
No. There you are.
不。 就是啦。
And do you know why? Because his name is Oliver.
你知道为什么吗? -为什么? -因为他的名字是奥利佛。
The great Barrett Hall. Don't you salute when you pass it?
巴拉特大礼堂。 你经过时不向它致意吗?
It's ugly. I've never been inside. That's a mature attitude.
它那么丑陋。我从来没进去。 那可不是个成熟的态度。
It's not easy living with history.
和历史活在一起可不轻松。
how many have to cope with that? I could name two.
有多少人应付得了哪个? 我可以找到两个。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Must you play music while we study?
在我们学习的时候你一定要放音乐吗?
I'm studying the music, It's called Analysis of Form,
我在学习这首乐曲, 它叫”形式的分析“,
Yeah,,,
好吧...
You'll flunk if you just stare at me,
如果你就这样光盯着我看, 你是及不了格的。
I'm not, I'm studying, Bullshit, You're looking at my legs,
-我没有,我在学习。 -胡说,你在看我的腿,
You're not that great looking, I can't help if you think so,
-你又没什么好看的, -如果你这么想我也没办法。
Let's change the subject, I wasn't aware there was one,
-让我们换个科目, -我没看出来刚才那算一项科目。
You think that I wanted to make love to you,
你以为我想和你做爱
But I'm not interested, Then we've got one thing in common,
-但是我不感兴趣, -那我们就正经点吧。
I'm tired of playing your game. You are a supreme Radcliffe smartass.
我竭力想跟上你的游戏, 你是瑞德克里夫的绝顶聪明的笨蛋。
The best. You put down anything in pants.
最好的。你什么东西都要争个不休。
But verbal volleyball is not my idea of a relationship.
但是口角游戏可不是我想要的关系。
If that's what you think it's all about, go back to your music waltz.
如果你认为我们之间就只有这些, 那就回去搞你的华尔兹音乐去吧
I think you're scared. You put up a wall to keep from getting hurt,
我想你是太害怕了。你竖了一道墙避免伤害,
中英对白
but it also keeps you from getting touched.
不过它也挡住接触的机会。
It's a risk, isn't it, Jenny?
这是个冒险,不是吗,珍妮?
At least I had the guts to admit what I felt.
至少我还有勇气承认我的感受。
Some day you'll have to come up with the courage to admit that you care.
总有一天你会不得不鼓起勇气承认你喜欢。
I care.
我喜欢。
Would your priest like this? I don't have one.
你不是个天主教的好女孩? 恩,我是个女孩...
Aren't you a good Catholic girl? Well, I'm a girl...
...而且我很好,对吧?
So that's two out of three.
所以这就有三分之二了。
Why do you wear it? It was my mother's.
为什么你戴它? 那是我母亲的。
Why did you leave the Church?
你为什么要离开教会?
I don't know. I never really joined.
我不知道。 我根本就没真正加入过。
I never thought there was another world better than this one.
我从没认为会有另一个世界比现在这个好。
What could be better than Mozart?
又有什么能比莫扎特好呢?
Or Bach?
或者巴赫?
Or you?
或者你?
Jenny?
珍妮?
I'm up there with Bach and Mozart?
我排到巴赫和莫扎特之上吗?
And The Beatles.
还有披头士。
Let me sack in your couch. how come?
让我在你的睡椅上睡一觉。 怎么啦?
Barrett. Who's the guest of honour?
巴拉特。 谁是尊敬的客人?
Cavilleri. Again? Still?
卡芙里瑞。 再一次?还是继续?
Barrett's slipping.
巴拉特的错。
中英对白
It's amazing.
真是惊奇。
I'm really studying.
我真的在学习。
I'm studying. Sorry.
我在学习。 -对不起。
Oliver?
奥利佛?
I love you.
我爱你。
You were great.
你真棒。
you know nothing About music. I know enough.
你对音乐一窍不通。 -我知道得够多了。
Wise up, would you please, Barrett? I wasn't great or Alllvy, just OK. OK?
知道了,好啦,巴拉特? 我不是很厉害或者总冠军,只是还行。好吗?
OK.
好的。
I mean you should keep at it. Who said I won't?
我的意思是你应该坚持不懈 谁说我不会?
I'm going to study with Nadia Boulanger.
我要和拿迪尔 布兰格学习。
Who?
谁?
Next year. I have a scholarship in Paris.
明年。 我在巴黎有份奖学学习。
Paris?
巴黎?
Yeah, I've never been to Europe. I can hardly wait.
啊,我从没去过欧洲。 我都等不及了。
How long have you known? It's inevitable.
你知道多久了? 这是不可避免的。
What is?
什么意思?
That we'll separate. You'll go to Law School.
我们会分手。 你会去法学院。
What are you talking about? You're a millionaire, I'm a social zero.
你在说什么? 你是富家子弟,我是一文不名。
What do you mean? We're together, we're happy.
你什么意思? 我们在一起,我们快乐。
Harvard is like a bag full of toys, but when the holiday is over,
哈佛就象个充满玩具的袋子, 但是假期结束,
you have to go back where you belong.
你得回到属于你的地方。
中英对白
Back to bake cookies? Pastries. Don't make fun of my father.
回去烤蛋糕? 不要拿我父亲开玩笑。
Then don't leave me, Jenny!
不要离开我,珍妮!
Please.
求你了。
What about my scholarship and Paris, which I've never seen?
那我的奖学学习和巴黎怎么办,我还没见过呢?
What About our marriage? Who said anything About marriage?
那我们的婚事呢? 谁在说什么婚事?
I'm saying it, now.
我现在说。
You want to marry me?
你想娶我?
Yeah.
对。
Why?
为什么?
Because.
因为...
That's a good reason.
那不是个好理由。
You're driving like a maniac. Everybody does in Boston.
你开得象个疯子。 在波士顿每个人都这样。
You'll kill us before your parents can murder us.
你会在你父母谋杀我们之前要了我们的命的。
my parents will love you. Even the sonofabitch?
我父母会爱上你的。 甚至那个狗娘养的?
Of course. Where is the old Radcliffe confidence?
当然。你在瑞德克里夫的自信到哪去了?
Back at Radcliffe. It's going to be OK, Jenny.
留在瑞德克里夫了。 没事的,珍妮。
What did you say on the phone? Just that I'd drop by.
你在电话里说了些什么? 就说我要顺路看看。
Very casual, huh? Yeah, right.
非常凑巧,哈? 就是。
How often do you visit during a term?
一学期你经常来吗?
Never. Oh, that's casual...
从不。 噢,真是凑巧...
Holy shit!
天哪!
Stop, Oliver. No kidding, stop the car.
停下,奥利佛。别玩我,停车。
中英对白
I didn't think it would be like this,
我没想到会象这样,
like what? I mean, like this rich.
象怎样? 我的意思,象这样阔。
This is too much for me. Don't worry. lt'll be a breeze.
我承受不了。 别担心。没什么大不了的。
Yeah, but why do I wish my name were Abigail Adams or Wendy Wasp?
好吧,但为什么我不叫阿比盖尔 亚当斯 或者 温蒂 娃斯普?
Don't be scared.
别害怕。
Aren't you? No.
你不吗? 不。
So far, so good. That's not saying much.
即来之则安之。 不用多说了。
your hand Is cold. so Is yours.
你的手冰凉。 你也是。
Let's get away from here. Master Oliver! Hello!
我们走吧。 奥利佛少爷!你好!
Hello, Florence. This is Jenny.
你好,弗洛瑞丝。这是珍妮。
Master? I always knew you had slaves.
主人“?我才知道你还有奴隶。
Let me take your wrap. Your parents are in the drawing room.
让我来拿你的外套。
Thank you, Florence.
谢谢你,弗洛瑞丝。
Half the buildings of Harvard are hanging there.
半数哈佛的建筑都挂在那儿。
Oh, it's nothing.
噢,没什么。
You're related to the Sewall Boat House?
你和萨沃尔船屋有关系?
Yes, I come from a long line of wood and stone.
是啊,我是从木头和石头堆里出来的。
Hello there.
你们好。
I'd like you to meet Jennifer Calaveri. Cavilleri.
我给你们介绍珍妮弗 卡拉芙瑞 卡芙里瑞。
As in Cavalleria Rusticana? Right. No relation.
就是“乡村骑士”里的那个? 对。但没有关系。
Hello, Mum. Hello, darling.
你好,妈妈。 你好,亲爱的。
Nice to meet you. How are you, son?
很高兴见到你。 你好吗,儿子?
中英对白
Fine, sir, fine.
还好,先生,还好。
Please sit down and make yourself at home.
请坐,象在自己家一样。
We'll have to go soon.
我们待会儿就走。
Why are you so uncomfortable with your parents?
为什么和父母在一起你就不舒服呢?
Why did you want to leave at once? I didn't like how they treated you.
为什么马上就要走? 我不喜欢看那样对待你。
What is it your parents are in?
你父母是干什么呢?
What Is It your people are in? my father bakes cookies.
你父母是从事什么职业的呢? 我父亲是烤面包的。
What's the name of the firm? Phil's Bake Shop.
店名叫什么呢? 菲尔面包店。
of Cranston, Rhode lsland. how interesting...
在 罗德岛,克兰斯顿。 有意思...
so your people are from Cranston? Mostly. my mother Is from Fall River.
那你的家人也都是克兰斯顿人? 大部分。我母亲是大落河人。
the Barretts have mills in Fall River. Where They exploited the poor.
巴拉特家族在大落河有些工厂。 在那儿剥削穷人。
In the 1 9th century.
那是在19世纪。
When you inherit, you can give all our money back.
等到你继承的时候, 你可以把我们的钱都捐赠回去。
That's what the philosopher SaintSimon advocated.
那是哲学家山德-西蒙鼓吹的。
In the 1 8th century.
那是18世纪。
It's late. Aren't you staying for dinner?
有点晚了。 你们不留下来吃晚餐吗?
Yes. No. I have to Get back.
好的。 不。我必须回去了。
You're staying for dinner and that's an order.
你们留下来吃晚饭,这是命令。
Everything is an order, a directive, a command.
什么事都是一个命令,一个指令,一个要求。
Where is your sense of humour?
你的幽默感哪去了?
In school, he used to send me memos.
在学校里,他常给我写便签。
Memos! Don't you find that odd?
便签啊!你不觉得古怪吗?
中英对白
I find it rather cute.
我倒觉得挺聪明的。
Have you heard from Law School?
你收到法学院的信了吗?
Not yet. He'll get in. Who's better than Oliver?
还没有。 他会的。谁还能比奥利佛更好呢?
I agree. He'll graduate with honours.
我同意。他会毕业。
He's always done well in school. At Exeter, he was...
他在学校总是很棒。 除此之外,他还,,,
It doesn't mean a thing. I'm just one of many trying to get in.
那并不代表什么。 我只是很多想进入的人中的一个。
I could give Price Zimmermann a ring. No! I mean, please don't, sir.
我可以给普莱斯 哲莫曼挂个电话。 不行!我的意思是,请不要,先生。
Just to find out if he knows.
只是了解一下他是不是知道这事。
I want to get my letter with everyone else. Please.
我想和其他人一起拿到信。好吗?
He was only trying to be helpful. I don't need that kind of help.
他只是想帮帮你。 我不需要这样的帮助。
OK. No, it's not OK.
好吧。 不,一点都不好。
He's not going to be satisfied until he cuts them off.
他不把事情搞定是不会善罢甘休的。
What you wouldn't like to be cut off.
你也不想被搞定吧。
Oh... Well, we've got to take care of those.
哦...好吧,我们就小心点。
take care. Get There a minute later, but Get there.
小心点 宁慢一分,不赶一秒。
you really like to bug your father. the feeling Is mutual.
你真的很喜欢找你老爸的碴。 有同感。
You wouldn't stop at anything to get to him.
你也阻止不了你自己将成为又一个他。
It's impossible to get to Oliver Barrett lll.
不可能变成奥利佛 巴拉特三世。
Unless maybe if you marry Jennifer Cavilleri?
如果你不娶珍妮弗 卡芙里瑞或许就行?
Is that what you think? Yes, it's part of it.
你在想些什么? 是的,我想这是问题的一部分。
You don't believe I love you?
你不相信我真的爱你?
Yes, but you also love my negative social status.
是的,但你会爱我相反的社会地位吗?
中英对白
No.
不。
I can't pass judgement. I just think so.
我通不过审查。 我只是这样想。
I love not only you, but also your name and your numeral.
我不但只爱你, 也爱你的名字和姓氏。
After all, it's part of what you are.
不管怎么说,那是你的一部分。
Oh, how can you Do it? what?
哎,你怎么能这样? 怎么?
How can you see me and still love me?
那要怎样你才能理解我,依然爱我呢?
That's what it's about, preppy.
就这样了,预科生。
How are you, son? I'm OK, sir.
你好吗,儿子? 我很好,先生。
Did you hear from Law School?
你收到法学院的信了吗?
Yes. I called you, remember? Yes. Congratulations.
是的。我已经打电话告诉你了,记得吗? 是的。恭喜。
You'll be on the Supreme Court. I may just chase ambulances.
你会进入最高法院的。 也可能穷追救护车。
Fine. How's Raymond?
好吧。雷蒙德呢?
He's fine. Got into OCS.
他不错。去了预备军官学校。
Army? That's good.
军队?那很好。
That's bad.
那不好。
You haven't mentioned Jennifer.
你还没问珍妮弗。
What is there to say? You're presenting us with a fait accompli,
还能说什么? 你把它做成了既成事实。
But what did you think? She's absolutely charming.
但是你怎么想? 她确实很有魅力。
With her background, to get to Radcliffe is...
但她的家境,到瑞德克里夫来她....
Get to the point! It doesn't concern her, but you.
说到点子上了! 这不管她的事,是关于你的。
Your rebellion. And you are rebelling.
你性格叛逆。而且你现在正在叛逆。
I fail...
我看不出来...
中英对白
I fail to see how marrying a brilliant Radcliffe girl constitutes rebellion.
我看不出来娶个有才气的瑞德克里夫女孩 能叫做叛逆。
She's not some crazy hippie.
她不是那种狂热的嘻皮士。
She's not many things.
她什么都不是。
What irks you most, that she's Catholic or poor?
她哪点让你担心呢, 她是个天主教徒或者很穷?
What attracts you most? I'm leaving.
那她哪点又吸引你呢? 我走了。
Don't go off halfcocked. I would only ask that you wait a bit.
不要半途而废。 我只是叫你等一阵子。
Define bit.
定义一下“一阵子”。
Finish Law School. If it's real, it'll stand the test of time.
完成法学院的学业后。 如果是真的,那还要有个检验期。
It is real, but why should I put it through a test?
是真的, 但是凭什么要有个检验期?
I'm asking you. You're commanding me!
因为我在请求你。 你在命令我!
If you marry her now, I'll not give you the time of day.
如果你现在就和她结婚, 今后我不会给你任何东西。
Father, you don't know the time of day!
父亲,你根本就不懂!
We're looking forward to having you with us.
很高兴明年就能看见 你和我们在一起了。
Me too, Dean Thompson.
我也是,汤普森院长。
Something has come up. a change of heart?
发生了一些事。 改主意了?
No, I'm still set on Law School, but...
不是,我还是会上法学院,但是...
I'm going to need a scholarship.
我需要奖学金。
Really? That's why I'm here.
是吗? 这就是我来这儿的原因。
That's rather curious, considering your background.
从你的家境看,真还令人惊奇。
I'm not his son anymore. I beg your pardon?
我不再是他儿子了。 什么?
We have had a misunderstanding. It's a parting of the ways.
我们有点误会。 有些事情看法不一样。
This is very unfortunate, Mr Barrett. I'm not exactly jumping for joy.
真不走运,巴拉特先生。 我可不是一时性起。
中英对白
We have many entering students in far worse straits than you.
我们还有很多要进来的学生 比你情况糟的多。
What's worse than destitution? I'm getting married next month.
还有什么比穷困更糟的呢? 我下个月就要结婚了。
We'll work all summer, and then Jenny will teach in a private school.
我们整个夏天会去找工作,而且珍妮会到 一个私立学校教书。
That's a living, but not tuition. Your tuition is pretty steep.
那只是生活费,还不是学费。 你们的学费实在是太高了。
Yes.
是的。
I need a scholarship. I have already been accepted.
我需要一份奖学金。 我等着它急用呢。
I don't have any money. You have a millionaire father.
我已经没有钱了。 你有个有钱的父亲。
Had, Why should I be penalised just because I was related to a rich man?
曾经有,为什么我就该受惩罚, 就因为我和个富人有关系?
Mr Barrett, I don't think that this office should enter into a family quarrel.
巴拉特先生,我可不想把办公室变成 争吵家事的地方
a rather distressing one, at that. I see. Thank you.
是很令人头疼的事,就这样吧。 我明白了。谢谢。
Perhaps at midyear's.
可能学年中期吧。
Thank you. You've been very generous with your time.
谢谢你。你真是慷慨大量。
We just passed my junior high school. I can't believe he liked my poverty.
我们刚才过了我读过的高中学校。 我不相信他会喜欢我这个穷光蛋。
He did! Now you've got something in common.
他喜欢!现在你做回你自己就行了。
God, when I first told him Oliver Barrett...
天哪,当我第一次和他谈到 奥利佛 巴拉特的时候...
Yeah? He couldn't believe it.
怎样? 他不敢相信是真的。
He reminded me of the Eleventh Commandment.
他给我提了11条规定。
Eleventh? Do not bullshit thy father.
11条? “不要骂父亲。
Any other commandments I should know?
还有其他我应该知道的规则吗?
Yeah. Stay loose.
有,“放松点。
so Is he for it? does he approve? What Do you think?
他怎么看这事?他同意吗? 你认为呢?
I won't allow it, do you get me? You're tilting at windmills, Phil.
中英对白
我不同意,你听到了吗? 你在倾向“风车”,菲尔。
Stop calling his father a windmill. He's a distinguished citizen...
别叫他父亲“风车”。 他不同于一般市民。
Mr Cavilleri... Phil.
卡芙里瑞先生... 菲尔。
I'll call his goddamn father. It won't do any good, goddammit!
我要和那该死的父亲通话。 那不会有什么好结果的,该死!
Don't use profanity in this house. You do.
别在这个屋子里说脏话。 你先的。
What will he think? That you've gone mad.
那他怎么想? 你真疯了。
Because I won't allow a parent to reject a child?
就因为我不容许父母抛弃孩子?
Mr Cavilleri... Phil.
卡芙里瑞先生... 菲尔。
Phil, sir... I reject him, too!
菲尔,先生...我也抛弃了他。
Don't talk like that. A father's love is something to cherish and respect.
别象那样说。父爱应该珍爱和受到尊敬的。
It's a rare thing. Especially in my family.
那是很珍贵的。 特别是在我家。
Let's get him on the phone. We have this cold line.
让我和他谈谈。 我们现在关系冷淡得象冰块一样。
He'll thaw and melt. Believe me, when it's time to go to church...
他会融化的。相信我, 是时候去教堂了...
Let's get him on the phone.
让我给他打个电话。
please, Phil. what?
求你了,菲尔。 什么?
About the church bit...
关于教堂这一点....
Well, we're kind of negative on it.
好吧,在这一点上我们意见不一。
I didn't necessarily mean the Catholic Church.
我意思并不是非要在天主教教堂。
You know that Jennifer is Catholic? She may have told you that.
你知道珍妮弗是天主教徒吧? 她可能跟你说了。
And her sainted mother always dreamed of
而且她的妈妈总想...
the whole mass rigmarole, but you're...
全都是些废话, 但是你...
But God would bless this union in any church.
在哪个教堂上帝也会祝福这对结合的。
Phil? Yeah?
中英对白
菲尔 怎么?
About the God bit. Yeah?
关于上帝这点。 怎么啦?
We're sort of negative about that, too. About God?
我们对那也意见不一。 对上帝?
About anybody's God? Neither of us believe.
关于谁的上帝? 我们都不信。
And we won't be hypocrites.
而且我们都不是虚伪的人。
If that's what you wish. Just tell me who performs the wedding.
如你们所愿。 总得告诉我谁主持婚礼吧?
We do.
我们。
You mean to do it yourself?
你的意思是你们自己?
That's...wonderful.
那...好极了。
I mean, that's just...wonderful.
我是说,那真是...好极了。
Do it yourself, huh? I think that's just wonderful.
你们自己,哈? 我想真是好极了。
But, tell me, is it...? What's the word?
但是,告诉我,是... 誓言呢?
You mean legal? Is it?
你说的是“法律上”? 啊?
Yes. One of the college chaplains just sort of...
是的。一个大学牧师会安排...
He presides over it, and the couple address each other.
他主持,夫妇互相致辞。
You mean the bride speaks, too?
你意思是新娘也要发言?
It's a new world, Philip. Oh, yeah. It's new, all right.
这是新时代了,菲利浦。 哦,对。够新,好的。
Ready?
准备好了?
Amen. They haven't started, yet.
阿门。 他们还没开始呢。
How will I know? I've never been to a doityourself.
我怎么知道? 我从来没自己主持过。
Listen to the words they have chosen to read on this occasion.
让我们听听在这里他们要说的话。
Amen.
阿门。
The priest said sacred.
中英对白
牧师说的话是神圣的。
He's not a priest. He is to me.
他不是牧师。 对我来说就是。
When our two souls stand up erect and strong
当我俩的灵魂坚强不屈地挺立着 When our two souls stand up erect and strong
Face to face, silent, drawing nigh and nigher
面对面,沉默着, 慢慢靠近连在一起。
Until the lengthening wings break into fire at either curved point,
直到挺直的翅膀冲进火海。
What bitter wrong can the earth do to us
看大地对我们犯了什么错
That we should not long be here contented?
我们该在这儿安分知足?
Think! In mounting higher, the angels would press on us
想想!站在高岗上, 天使都可以碰到我们
And aspire to drop some golden orb of perfect song
渴望完美之歌的金球
lnto our deep, dear silence
到我们深深的悲伤的寂静中
Let us stay rather on earth, Beloved,
让我们停在大地上,心爱的,
Where the unfit contrarious moods of men recoil away
Where the unfit contrarious moods of men recoil away
And isolate pure spirits
孤立纯洁的灵魂
And permit a place to stand and love in for a day
And permit a place to stand and love in for a day
With darkness and the deathhour rounding it.
With darkness and the death-hour rounding it.
l give you my hand!
我给你我的手!
l give you my love more precious than money
我给你我比金钱宝贵的爱情
l give you myself before preaching or law
我在宣言和法律面前给你我全部。
Will you give me yourself? Will you come travel with me?
你会把你给我吗? 你会和我一起旅行吗?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?
我们会在我们有生之年紧靠在一起吗?
l, Oliver Barrett, take you, Jennifer Cavilleri,
我,奥利佛 巴拉特,从今以后,
to be my wedded wife from this day forward...
让你珍妮弗 卡芙里瑞成为我妻
...to love and to cherish till death do us part.
中英对白
至珍至爱,至死不渝。
l, Jennifer Cavilleri, take you, Oliver Barrett,
我,珍妮弗 卡芙里瑞 ,从今以后,
as my wedded husband from this day forward,
让你奥利佛 巴拉特成为我夫,
to love and to cherish till death do us part.
至珍至爱,至死不渝。
By the authority vested in me by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
马萨诸塞州政府授予我权力,
I pronounce you man and wife.Now I'm being kept.
我宣布你们结为夫妇。
You won't like it. I already do.
你不会喜欢的。 我已经做了。
The school only pays me 3,000 a year.
学校只付给我一年3000元。
Why? Because my name Is Mrs Barrett.
为什么? 因为我的名字叫巴拉特夫人。
Couldn't you be Miss Cavilleri? Then I'd be the Queen of Paris.
为什么你不用卡芙里瑞小姐? 那样的话我早已经是巴黎皇后了。
It's a bargain.
是个便宜货。
Four rooms for 82.50 a month is impossible this side of Mongolia.
在外籍学生区的这一边 四间屋的房子82.50元一个月是不可能的。
But this is the Mongolian section of Cambridge.
但这是在剑桥的外籍学生区。
Gee...
啊...
I have to admit that it's even worse than I expected.
我不得不承认比我想象的还糟。
Yeah, but it's home. Yeah.
是啊,但是我们的家。 是啊。
Well? Well what?
好吧 什么好吧?
Carry me over the threshold. Do you believe that nonsense?
抱我进大门。 你以为抱你不累吗?
Carry me and I'll tell you. We're at the top floor!
抱我,我会告诉你的。 我们在顶楼!
OK, I'll be a young and beautiful divorcee.
好吧,我会成为一个年轻漂亮的寡妇的。
Hey, what is this, Barrett?
嘿,干什么,巴拉特?
I'll tell you after we cross the threshold.
等我们过了大门我再告诉你。
this Is not a threshold. our name Is there.
正在阅读:
看电影学英语--爱情故事07-22
《我的教师专业发展集》05-12
党建工作交流材料3篇02-23
体测数据导入01-16
一年级100以内进退位加减综合口算题05-25
教师师德考核自我评价3篇08-22
创建书香校园倡议书700字(通用9篇)03-31
育人如沏茶10-11
演讲致辞-青春与奋斗的演讲稿 精品12-16
- 教学能力大赛决赛获奖-教学实施报告-(完整图文版)
- 互联网+数据中心行业分析报告
- 2017上海杨浦区高三一模数学试题及答案
- 招商部差旅接待管理制度(4-25)
- 学生游玩安全注意事项
- 学生信息管理系统(文档模板供参考)
- 叉车门架有限元分析及系统设计
- 2014帮助残疾人志愿者服务情况记录
- 叶绿体中色素的提取和分离实验
- 中国食物成分表2020年最新权威完整改进版
- 推动国土资源领域生态文明建设
- 给水管道冲洗和消毒记录
- 计算机软件专业自我评价
- 高中数学必修1-5知识点归纳
- 2018-2022年中国第五代移动通信技术(5G)产业深度分析及发展前景研究报告发展趋势(目录)
- 生产车间巡查制度
- 2018版中国光热发电行业深度研究报告目录
- (通用)2019年中考数学总复习 第一章 第四节 数的开方与二次根式课件
- 2017_2018学年高中语文第二单元第4课说数课件粤教版
- 上市新药Lumateperone(卢美哌隆)合成检索总结报告
- 学英语
- 爱情故事
- 看电影
- IS-LM模型 宏观经济学
- 孔子教育思想对当代中学生物学教学的启示
- 广西版四年级下册信息技术教案
- 农业银行投资分析
- 高富集团控股 年报 2015
- 百货商场经营管理方式方法方案
- 业务连续性计划BCP
- 2002年-2011年司法考试刑法学真题解析:单项选择题7
- 2型糖尿病患者外周血单核细胞核因子-κB的活化对胰岛素抵抗及大血管病变的影响
- 个人作风纪律整顿整改措施
- 2020-2021石景山区高三数学期末试题及答案
- 高中数学圆锥曲线与方程测试题
- 超低频高压发生器产品技术规范书
- Space-filling bearings in three dimensions
- 化学平衡课堂练习(教师)
- 优秀金工顶岗实习总结报告
- 2014年最新中考物理考纲密题10(电与磁)
- 浅谈高校班干部的选拔和管理
- “沐大师”卫浴大西南区营销策略
- 地理专业英语词汇